Thursday, February 3, 2011

Surgery is today!

My mom and Dad just left for the hospital. Mr. Bruce and Mrs. Kathy left earlier. The surgery for Mr. Bruce will start about 8:00*, and my Dad's will start about 9:00*.

Last night, doing his normal routine, my Dad checked his fistula (for more on fistula's, click here). Normally there is a buzzing where the artery is. Last night, there was none. That day he had been showing it to the nurses at the hospital, and they were all happy because it was working so well.  My Dad called the hospital and they didn't seem too worried since he had never needed to use it and since his surgery was the next morning. He will tell the surgeons this morning and if it is clogged, they might unclog it while he is still asleep from the transplant.

My friends Talia and Joel put posts on their blogs about my Dad. Talia's post and Joel's post.

*Times are in Eastern Time Zone.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I am praying! Keep us updated, okay? God is good! 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, dear ones in Christ. Can't wait for more updates!

    ReplyDelete